My Update



If you've been reading my blog recently, you'll know that I've been in hospital because of my epilepsy. So I thought that I would share my experience of one of the scariest things I've ever done.

So it all started on the 17th of march, I started the day fine and went to work as usual. I didn't quite feel right that day but wasn't quite sure why? So I carried on my normal day and thought that my sugar levels were low so after having lunch I hoped that it would get better. After about an hour it started to go down hill and ended up having a seizure. It then went from bad to worse as it was now at the stage where I was in and out of conciseness and was continuing to have seizures. An ambulance was called and a first responder was there in minutes and was given oxygen after having a tonic clonic seizure. This basically means that it affects my whole brain.  I don't really remember a lot but what I do remember is feeling very faint and the ambulance crew arrived. I continued to have seizures and the decision was made to take me to A&E as more medical care was needed. I was taken in resus and remained there until I was taken to a ward. This is when I knew that it was pretty serious and I was continuing to be on oxygen and my heart rate was to low.

I remained in hospital for 5 days and continued to have fits needing oxygen as well. This was very scary because I went from being very independent to needing 24hr care. I've got to say that the nurses were incredible that first night and were there to support me through everything.

Now this isn't to make you feel bad for me, because I really don't want that. I wrote this to share my experience and how epilepsy can get so bad, so quickly and completely take over you whole body and mind.

Thank you for reading and please leave any comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blogmas day 6! soap and glory gift set

Top 3 concealer's

top 5 nude lips