The Evolution of my beauty habits

So for a while now I've been meaning to get on the blogging band wagon but have been unsure how to as it's been quite a while. So I was going to do a favourites to explain what I have been using these past few months, however instead I thought I would talk about something that has been apparent to a lot of people and has been issue with quite a few friends of mine as well.



Over the past few years the online beauty community has grown and grown. This is partly because anyone can set up a blog as long as you've got some sort of camera and access to the internet then you set up a blog. However with this growth means there are more and more people talking or writing about things that they have enjoyed or not. Depending on how many followers that person has can depend on how far that information travelled. This is partly how we get "hype up" products because the more and more people that talk about this one product mean the more and people who then want to go buy the product. This for companies is a really good selling platform because it means that, that person may only write one blog post or send one tweet however that information is spreading to multiple different avenues.


Now a couple of years ago I was one of those people who wanted the next best thing, the product that everybody's talking about because it sounded so great, However after years of doing this, I saw that my beauty collection was building up and out of control. That's when I started to research more into project panning and how long it actually takes to use product's up. this is when my beauty habits completely changed I stopped buying the next best thing because I knew it was going to take me months to use up. When I got things as present's which I'm always so thankful for I would save them and not open them until I used something else up.

I think what I'm trying to say is as we and develop as people are views and opinions change. Now, that I'm in my mid twenties I've definitely realised that having a whole draw of MAC lipsticks isn't a goal, because at some point they are going to go off!!

That's partly why I'm on a no buy this year and at the moment I'm doing very and haven't bought any new makeup! It's also help me to realised that yes it's nice to have that shinny new palette with the pretty packaging. However in a couple of month's there will be another new palette that will pretty much have the same colours in as the last one. However we get the new one as well and what happens to the old is it kind of get's forgotten about because we have the nice shiny one.


LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR VIEWS ABOUT HOW THE ONLINE BEAUTY COMMUNITY HAS CHANGED THE WAY THAT MANY OF US SHOP. ALSO HAVE YOU JUMPED ONBOARD THE PROJECT PAN OR NO BUY IDEA AS WELL?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blogmas day 6! soap and glory gift set

Top 3 concealer's

top 5 nude lips