What is the difference between contouring and bronzing

Recently I've found that a lot of bloggers and youtubers are talking about contouring as it seems to be the thing at the moment. However I find that some people can get a little bit confused about what is contouring and what is bronzing?

So the main difference is that contouring is about add more dimension's to your face so can create the illusion of having cheek's. Bronzing is more about giving you that summer look and adding colour to your face. Some bronzer's can be use as contours depending on your face tone and colour. However it's important to make sure it's matte so that you can achieve a good contour.


So this is the maybelline master sculpt which I have spoke about for a couple of years now and I really love it. This has a contour colour which is matte and a highlight shade which is really subtle but nice. This is the perfect shade for contouring if you're pale like me. With this I use this under my cheek bones to add a shadow to create the illusion of more chiseled cheek bones. You also contour your nose which generally I don't do  but if you want a more a slimmer nose or sculpted look then it can look amazing. So you contour face to get the right look and then add bronzer afterwards. 


So bronzing is all about giving you face colour and glow. This is the benefit HOOLA bronzer which is a fairly new product for me but I'm really enjoying using it. You can use this as a contour depending on your skin tone. However because I am pale I use this as bronzer and generally I use this with a bigger brush all over my face. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blogmas day 6! soap and glory gift set

Top 3 concealer's

top 5 nude lips