battle of the brands/products high street vs high end's primer's


Battle of brand's /product's- high street vs high end primer's


Over the last couple of month's I have doing some comparisons between different products and brands. I thought as we're starting to get into the cooler months I would do a comparisons between high-end and low-end primer's. I don't wear primer's all the time between I don't always need them but if I know that I'm going to be out all day for example at a wedding then I want to know that my makeup is going to stay in place. 

I thought I would compare the very famous benefit porefessional as I have a sample of this with the Rimmel Fix&Perfect primer. The most obvious different between the two is that the rimmel one is clear and very silicone and the benefit one does have a slight tint to it. However it doesn't have so much of tint that it's effects your foundation shade. 

The Rimmel Fix&Perfect claims to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattifiy and protect. I have used this a couple of times and I feel that it does. There are two tricks that I have found to work when applying primer the first one is to gently smooth it over your skin and try to not blend it into your skin too much as you want your foundation to sit on top of it. The second tip is too let it dry before putting your foundation on. The cost of this £6.99 which is very affordable as you do get 30ml and only need a small amount for each application. 




The benefit pore-fessional is universally known as one of those product's that either everyone has tried or actually owns. I got mine in a mini-set as I really want to try it but didn't want to waste my money on a full bottle in case I didn't like it. For actually priming your skin I feel that I does actually does the job. However I do the products is overprice for what it is. The full size of the product is £24.50 which is full on high-end prices. 


Overall I would say that if you are either on the fence or new to primer's I would say give the rimmel a go first and see what you think. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blogmas day 6! soap and glory gift set

Top 3 concealer's

top 5 nude lips