Winter skincare splurge vs save

As the colder weather starts to draw in I've decided to look at my skincare as switch up a few thing that suit this time of year.

The thing that I love this to is to use a lot of moisture masks this time of year as I feel that it just gives you that extra layer of nourishment. I have two that I use a lot and will generally apply them a couple of times a week in  quite a thick layer. The two are the Origins drink up mask which has a lovely scent and feels amazing. The only downer is that it is £23.00 for 100ml which is quite expensive as you do use quite a bit of it every use but I don't use it everyday so there are swings and roundabouts to it.
The other one that I love is the superdrug version of this as this is the vitamin e moisture mask which is £2.59 for 75ml so yes you do get a little bit less but it's way cheaper if you can't afford the origins one.



The next two product's I have compared before however I think it's such a good comparison that I thought I would do it again. It's the Liz Earle cleanse and polish with the superdrug vitamin E hot cloth cleanser. These are so similar and do pretty much the same job, although I do feel that Liz Earle do a slightly better job so that's why I do get this one over the cheaper one. There is again quite a difference in price with the superdrug one being £4.99 for 200ml and you get a muslin cloth with it as well. Whereas the starter kit from Liz Earle in the 200ml with a muslin cloth is £28.00. This is quite a big but Liz Earle is more of premium brand.


My next one is another mask but this is a brightening mask. If you've been reading my blog this year then you'll know that I have been loving the REN wake wonderful night time facial which is so of a creamy light mask that you leave on. The only thing that I don't really like about this mask is the scent is quite weird and has a hint of orange but not full on orange. However if you can get past that then it's a really good and great to use before events. The one that I've found is also from the superdrug skincare range and it's the naturally radiant Glycolic overnight peel. Reading the overview of the product it seems that it does a very similar thing. There is a very big difference between the price where the superdrug is £2.95 and the REN is £32.00. So the price difference is horrendous and if you can't afford the REN one then I wouldn't stretch your budget and it's not a must have but it great to have in your skincare draw. 



So after doing a little bit of internet research I think that I've found a dupe for my favourite lip balm and a stable in my skincare draw and it's the NUXE Reve De Miel lip balm. This has been a favourite of mine ever since I received it in my advent calendar last year.  The dupe that I've found is from lush and it's the lip service which is the same sort of balmy solid consistency and this is the lip service and this is £6.75 where as the Nuxe one is £9.50. So not a big difference in price but if you want to save a few quid then it might be worth it. 


Let me know in the comments below if you've discovered any good dupes for higher-end skincare product's. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

blogmas day 6! soap and glory gift set

Top 3 concealer's

top 5 nude lips